Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Chicken Broccoli and Quinoa Bake


Well, hello there. 
Today I'd like to share with you a fabulous
One-Dish-Wonder…

They are most certainly my favorite! 

I mean, really,
does it get any better than having
Protein  (Chicken), Veggie (Broccoli), Carbs (Quinoa)
and
(wait for it)
FLAVOR 
all is one dish!?!?!

This whole quinoa-thing is around to stay in my house. 
My kids prefer it over rice and
I would gladly serve it more…
but there is a price point on it, 
(which is a small price to pay for a carb with protein and fiber!)
so I limit it to about once a week. 

This was so easy…
dump it all into a dish
and bake! 

Gotta love the no-brainer dinners! 


This is what 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of chicken broth look like in a dish. 


Next, 2 cups of broccoli florets were added. 

(This made for some mushy broccoli, 
if you prefer your broccoli to have a little more texture, 
add it later!)


About 3# of chicken breasts
(which, did you know are less expensive than tenders!)
were cut into tenders and sprinkled with 
poultry seasoning and seasoning salt
to your liking. 

Ready to be popped into a 400 F oven. 


After 30-40 minutes, 
I have to admit that I was mesmerized by watching the quinoa cook…
this dish was ready to go! 


There is, of course, the optional cup of shredded mozzarella
And, if you wanted crunchier broccoli, 
that could be added at this time instead of at the beginning. 

It may alter the overall nutrition of this dish, 
but it helps to buy me a little more leeway with my next healthy endeavor, 
so I oblige. 

Pop it back in until the cheese melts
or put it under the broiler for some browning…
which I love! 


This dish it out and serve it up! 


RECIPE:

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 30-40 minutes
Serves: 8

Ingredients:
1 cup of quinoa
2 cups of chicken broth 
2 cups of broccoli florets
3# of chicken breasts - cut into strips
Poultry Seasoning - to taste
Seasoning Salt - to taste 
1 cup of shredded mozzarella

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 F. 
  • Start with 2 cups of chicken broth and 1 cup of quinoa in the baking dish. 
  • Broccoli can be added now, if well done is the preference, other wise it can be added later. 
  • Layer chicken on top and season. 
  • Bake for 30-40 minutes until quinoa is translucent with an apparent spiral or germ present. 
  • Top with broccoli, now, for more texture along with shredded cheese, if desired. Bake for another 5-10 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment