Sunday, June 8, 2014

Strawberry Cheesecake Salad


School's out for summer!  And, I'm probably more excited about it than the kids.  My summer 2014 list is quite extensive, high hopes of going lots of places, seeing lots of people and doing lots of things.  Oh, and relaxing.  We'll be sure to squeeze that in, too, when there is time.

I promise I'll keep you posted.

First stop of the summer was to my brother and future sister-in-laws farm, Sublime Saddlebreds, for a visit with my family.  Jerry and I got to catch up with my mom, sister and brothers, during Ken's first trip to the farm.

The kids got to hang with their cousins, running and playing on the farm.


And, eat mini-marshmallows.  There may have also been some flying through the air too…


Even this little cutie was getting in on the fun!


Finally, the night was capped off with a Behringer-style campfire.  You may notice there isn't anyone actually sitting near the fire, it was too huge and hot for that.

I'm excited to share the recipe for the perfect dish to for the occasion, Strawberry Cheesecake Salad.

Half fruit salad.
Half dessert.
All delicious!

My brother has been requesting cheesecake and while I'm not ready to go there yet, I thought this salad was a perfect recipe for All Things Libby to contribute.


It is a unique combination of a popular dessert, and I'm quite certain, way less work than a real cheesecake.


While my brother Ken was busy chopping strawberries with great care, I was whipping up the rest of the salad.


Into a mixing bowl, went the 12 oz of whipped topping, 1 dry packet of cheesecake pudding and three containers of strawberry yogurt.

Quite the intriguing combination, I must admit.  Cheesecake pudding was pretty darn good, especially in the whipped topping and then the fruity creamy yogurt…ahhh-mazing!

You can't possibly go wrong!

Add a pound of chopped strawberries

Two sliced bananas. 

And a cup or two of mini marshmallows.  

So fresh and creamy, I think you should probably make this for your taste buds…immediately! 




RECIPE:
Strawberry Cheesecake Salad

Ingredients:
12 oz of whipped topping
1 dry packet of cheesecake flavored pudding 
3-6oz containers of strawberry yogurt
1 lb of chopped strawberries
2 sliced bananas
1-2 cups mini marshmallows - maybe try the salad before adding the marshmallows, maybe next time I'd leave them out.  

Directions:
Mix all of the ingredients together, leaving the bananas and marshmallows for immediately before serving. 

***Luckily it's quick and easy, because it won't last long! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment