|Most of my family, the morning after my brother's wedding.|
Please pardon my belated greetings, but Happy 2015!
I certainly enjoyed a few weeks off with my kids and family, it was a nice blend of festive and relaxed.
Now, I'm ready to get back on the 2015 Food Blog bandwagon and provide you with all sorts of inspiration for delicious and healthy foods!
Before I get to new recipes though, I want to share with you some brief thoughts as to some of the lessons that I've learned and am continuing to learn as I embrace this adventure called life.
During this recent hiatus, in addition to the holidays that y'all celebrated, I also get to throw in the anniversary of my birth. Which is what really prompted this list of learnings.
So, without further ado, please enjoy my own personal What I've learned…. one lesson for each year I've successfully completed.
- I'm naive
- Sometimes ignorance is bliss
- Ultimately, we are responsible for who we trust
- Don't over-think things
- Own the consequences of our decisions
- Respect other opinions, even when I don't agree with them
- To hug more
- To be thankful for everything
- To always look for the silver lining!
- To (try to) be content with what I have
- To be present today, not worrying about yesterday or tomorrow
- That I have the best of friends
- That great neighbors make all the difference
- If something makes you unhappy, make a change
- And then, let it go...move forward
- True love is worth the wait!
- Taking a risk is hard, but always worth it.
- Learn from everything and everyone.
- Read more.
- Don't forget to laugh
- Collect memories, not things!
- People matter the most
- Try new things…
- Go new places…
- The world does not revolve around me.
- Slow down to cherish each day!
- Always believe that the best is going to happen.
- Together is the best place to be.
- Tomorrow is always a new day!
- Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened!
- Honesty is always the best policy!
- You will never go broke being generous.
- The world doesn't owe me anything.
- Be cautious as to what you allow disturb your peace of mind.
- Everyone we meet is for a reason, season or lifetime.
- Actions speak louder than words.
- Always believe in yourself!
Thanks for joining me for the journey!