Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Hawaiian Pork Tacos


Hello!  

I'm so excited to be back…that hiatus was a little longer than anticipated.  

First, was my brother's wedding last weekend, 
which was a perfect celebration of their love and family. 

Then, all of my pictures were trapped on my iPad, thanks to the iOS 8 bug…
that didn't make this blogger very happy!  

Anyway, I haven't stopped cooking, so I have a back log of recipes to share.

So, I will start with these amazing Hawaiian Pork Tacos.  

So simple, so refreshing!  
My family was surprisingly impressed by how the flavors and textures meshed so perfectly.  

Jerry has already been asking for more!  


For starters, brown up about 1# of ground pork and add taco seasoning

I have yet to come up with my own recipe, so I'm still just using the packet.  


While the meat is cooking, whip up the relish…

1/2 cup chopped zucchini, 1 avocado chopped and 1/2 cup of crushed pineapple.


Top with 1 tbsp of lime juice and 1/2 tsp of salt.  

Stir it up and serve in the taco shell of your choice. 


Recipe

Ingredients:
1# of ground pork
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 cup chopped zucchini
1 avocado chopped
1/2 cup of crushed pineapple
1 tbsp of lime juice
1/2 tsp of salt
Taco shells

Directions:
Brown pork and season with contents of taco packet. 
Chop up zucchini and avocado, add to bowl along with pineapple. 
Top with lime juice and salt. 
Serve in taco shells.  











No comments:

Post a Comment