Saturday, February 21, 2015

Baked Spaghetti and 1 Year of Blogging

This dish can be prepared ahead of time
(even frozen if necessary)
and then baked just in time for dinner!


Pretty exciting week around here...
Not only did I make an often-requested and 
mouth-watering (which should go without saying)
meal for dinner...

It has also been one year since my first blog entry was posted.

So, if you have been around the whole time,
 just stumbled upon this recently or
check in from time-to-time…

I'm so glad you are here!  

Trying to wrap my mind around how grateful I am for this past year of blogging
is leaving me at a loss for words.  

I am so thankful for all of you who have followed my blog,
tried my recipes and even
gave me some feedback as to
how the recipe turned out, what else you would like to see or even how to grow my blog,
I'm honored to be part of your cyber and/or food family. 

This opportunity has given me a chance to grow, learn and push myself into new territories,
which is both fun and scary at the same time!

Blah, blah, blah...
I know, same ol' mushy stuff,
Bottom line...
I'm so thankful for where I'm at and excited about where this will go from here!

Now, on to something way more exciting…
Baked Spaghetti. 

My kids, specifically Landon, probably requests pasta at least once a week.
Since Jerry and I are still mostly gluten-free,
pasta, as far as Landon is concerned,
doesn't really register on my radar.

My versions of pasta are usually spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles.

So, after repeat reviews of how fabulous Barilla's gluten free pasta is, 
I thought I'd indulge the family with this hearty and satisfying dish.


Nothing fancy here,
just boiling 1# of Gluten Free Spaghetti.


And, browning up 1# of Italian Sausage.


Next up, simply add 2 cans of diced tomatoes to the cooked sausage.

If you have pasta sauce that you prefer, go right ahead.
I've been rationing my cupboard staples a bit lately and was very happy how this 
makeshift sauce turned out.  


While the pasta was boiling,
whip up 2 eggs, 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese and 1/2 stick of butter - softened.


Pour it upon the drained spaghetti noodles


And stir.


The noodles are layered into a 9x13 baking dish.


Covered with the sausage and tomatoes.


And sprinkled with a cup or two of shredded cheese.

Cover with foil and baked at 350 F for about 30 minutes


Sprinkle with some parsley and serve.

RECIPE:
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Serves : 8

Ingredients:
1# of Gluten-free Spaghetti - Barilla
1# of Italian Sausage
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 eggs
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese 
1/2 stick of butter - softened
1-2 cups of shredded cheese
Parsley 

Directions:
  • Boil pasta according to box. 
  • Brown sausage until no pink is left. 
  • Add diced tomatoes or pasta sauce
  • Whip up eggs, parmesan cheese and butter. 
  • Drain pasta and add egg/butter/cheese mixture. 
  • Top with shredded cheese and cover with foil.
  • Can now be frozen for another meal.
  • Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes until warm all of the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment